Welcome to the Sung Robotics Lab!
Interested in joining the group? We actively recruit students from mechanical engineering, computer science, and electrical engineering. Refer to the info under Opportunities depending on your current status.
Our group is interested in advancing the state of the art in computational methods for robot design and deployment, with a particular focus on soft and compliant robots. By combining methods in computational geometry with practical engineering design, we develop theory and systems for making robot design and fabrication intuitive and accessible to the non-engineer. Our work lies at the intersection of four major areas:
We are a member of the Penn Engineering GRASP Lab and the Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics Department at the University of Pennsylvania.
We are grateful for the support of the National Science Foundation, the Johnson & Johnson WiSTEM2D program, the Penn Health-Tech center, and the Penn Center for Undergraduate Research and Fellowships.
- Congratulations to Wei-Hsi Chen for defending his thesis today!
- Congrats to Dongsheng Chen, whose work was in the Philadelphia Inquirer
- Meet Our Group at ICRA!!
- Three papers accepted to ICRA
- Our work featured in CBS’s Mission Unstoppable!
- Daniel Feshbach’s and Annie Yang’s papers accepted to IROS/RA-L!
- Congratulations to Xuan Li and Jessica McWilliams, whose ICRA paper won best paper in Mechanisms and Design!
- Yifan Yuan’s paper accepted to IDETC 2021!
- Jessica McWilliam and Xuan Li’s paper on our new compliant HAV was accepted to ICRA
- Cynthia Sung featured in the IEEE Soft Robotics podcast